Batik illustrates the use of traditional hot melted wax and natural dye pattern making. Here is our previous article on batik (click here and here for the AR experience). We took two design and turned them to cloth masks, to be used in conjunction with a surgical mask.
- Lock down Batik, our own design. The story of being in lockdown for a long time causes the inner circle relationships to be tighter than ever, and it is bordered with lines that represent social distancing with extended family and friends. It also makes some tangential connections with the edges and forms a strong structure that is extended and repeated throughout the pattern.
- Disruption Batik, our own design. This pattern is a tribute to the pandemic era that defines our generation’s story. The forms depict:
1. Sun shaped objects: Covid 19 virus has a unique shape that defines the core of the pattern.
2. Three layered circles: Represent the never-ending evolution of covid variants.
3. The wavy tendrils: Define the disruption of the spreading of the virus. As a whole, the pattern defines its own story of our generation in the pandemic era, and shows both the dark, negative aspects and the light, positive ones.